"H. Stephen Wright" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 4 Oct 1996 09:02:27 -0500
One of my subscribers gets the following response from LISTSERV whenever
he tries to post lately.  I've never seen this before.  Can anyone
explain what this means and what I should do to resolve it?

The subscriber in question is on the "Demon" system in the U.K., if that
matters.

>The approval request code received together  with your posting for the FILMUS-L
>list is  incorrect. For  a peered  list, this  may be  a normal  condition. The
>approval protocol  is not guaranteed  to work  among peer chains  with pre-1.8b
>servers, and  will also  fail if  the peers  have a  different password.  For a
>non-peered list, the  only likely explanation is a failure  in the mail system,
>or a recent change in mail system version or configuration. At any rate, please
>resubmit your message and go through  the approval procedure a second time, and
>contact the LISTSERV administrator if the problem persists.

H. Stephen Wright                                        Music Library
[log in to unmask]                          Northern Illinois University