"s.merchant" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 10 Mar 1995 13:45:00 EST
>The address that listserv is trying to send to is [log in to unmask],
>but somewhere along the line it seems to get converted to
>
>[log in to unmask]  (the "~Z" is not a typo):

Looks like [log in to unmask] wanted to forward his mail (e.g., with
a .forward file or equivalent to [log in to unmask]  My guess is
he forgot to get out of insert mode before typing the exit code for his
editor (presumable ~Z or esc-Z -- ESC is pretty close to ~ on keyboards),
and tried it again without realizing he had garbage characters in the
file.

I'm cc:'ing this to the onlinesys.com address without the ~Z, but if
he doesn't fix it himself, you can either resubscribe him directly at
onlinesys.com (which I wouldn't do since it violates one of my priciples
of list management, which is not to *subscribe* people manually), or
just delete him.  Of course, you can send mail directly to him at
onlinesys.com, which should work.

Shahrukh Merchant