Trish Forrest <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 15 Jul 1995 23:16:21 -0400
On Sat, 15 Jul 1995, P. Divirgilio wrote:
> Realizing that some of ou who do know the delights of sheer terror
> might be concerned for my tenants.  Let me assure you that I
> immediately put the buildings under taped surveillance. They are safer
> than ever, but my heart almost stopped at the time. -- Paul.

  A coincidence such as threats to your building and then this, can
be unnerving, but we got hit as well from firebug... so this may be
some comfort that you personally were not singled out.  If the taped
surveillance is something 'new' based on the mail...you might want
to think a bit before reacting and spending a lot of $$...take a deep
breath first, talk to friends before touching your keyboard or your
bank account. :-)

  Regarding Compuserv.com.... I've deleted in the last few days
several hundred mails from Compuserv.com based on a user:
[log in to unmask]  who sends repeatedly 'review listname'
to every list over and over and over.  Has anyone else had this happen?

  I finally had no alternative but to serve the person off as well as
Compuserve's mailers (mail seems to come from both postmaster and
Maiser).  I sent the postmaster a note teling then that we just cannot
continue to support the resource usage based on this one person.  SERVE
addr ignores them...but I still get errors, so I set up a filter on the
postmaster userid to delete everything from them.  I hope this wasn't
a mistake....I toyed with a wonderful fantasy of forwarding it back
to them..but...I guess that would be unethical.  Anyway, you might want
to watch out for that e-mail addr.

--Trish