Harold Pritchett <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 10:38:38 -0400
Ben Parker wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Aug 1999 00:09:06 -0500, "Pauline M. Marshall"
> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>

> >   ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
> >    (expanded from: <[log in to unmask]>)

> of having mail forwarded through EISSLER.COM.  Mail for EISSLER.COM is handled
> by server.emmott-walker.com whose IP address is 206.185.162.193.  However, this
> server is running some anti-spam software which prevents the forwarding of mail.

Close...  Very close...  The anti-spam software is running on eissler.com,
and
is using one of the spam-blocking lists to reject mail from sites which have
open SMTP relays.  The address 206.185.162.193 is currently being listed in
two of the three major spam-blocking sites, the ORBS list, and the IMRSS
list.

In this case, the site eissler.com is using the IMRSS list.  More
information
can be found at http://relays.radparker.com/blocked.html

The real fix is for the people at server.emmott-walker.com to fix their
open relay and get off these lists.  That way their customers won't be
inconvenienced with poor mail delivery.  You could try to get the folks
at eissler.com to stop using the list, but for most people who use these
lists it has become almost a religion.

I'm not a big fan of these people, so don't contact me.  This is "just the
facts, mam..."

Harold