Richard Estes <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 23 May 1996 23:46:14 -0700
Hello to all on LISTOWN-L;

I want to start a list and have a few questions regarding doing so
before I jump into list ownership and the responsibilities involved.

The list I want to start will probably be quite popular, and I expect
to have 100 to 200 subscribers. I know that list ownership does
involve time and commitment, and I am wondering if you can give
me some idea on what kind of time commitment I would be
looking at for a global, open, un moderated list of this size.

I am looking at getting a LISTSERV sponsor for this list, though I
have found a Majordomo sponser also for $5.00 a month.  Does
anyone have recommendations for  command setups?

Are different listservers more reliable than others?

Is it difficult to find a listserver that sponsors lists for free?

I know that there will be time involved in the administration
of this list, but of course want it to involve as little work as possible
so that I will have more time to participate in the list.

Thanks
Richard Estes