Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 15:50:14 -0500
On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Paul Noble wrote:

>We are evaluating the use of LISTSERV as an announce-only mailing list to
>notify interested users when parts of our website are updated. We would
>like to make this as automated as possible.
>
>I have just about mastered the basics of creating and administering a
>list (at least I think I have). Stress the word "basics". Am now
>wondering if there is any support built into LISTSERV that would allow
>the web development group to automatically create a message from an .asp
>page or something, and send it to the list without someone having to sit
>down each time, compose a message and manually send it to the list.
>
>If someone could point me to a section of the documentation or a
>downloadable white paper that describes how to do this, I would very much
>appreciate it.

You might check the developer guide that's on L-Soft's web site for
information. By the way, I don't see what value the Listerv API would have
in your project. You could easily write a script that generates an email
and forwards it to your list(s) of choice. As long as your script forms
proper email headings, Listserv will treat it like any other email.