Peter Rauch <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 28 May 1998 10:16:45 -0700
On Thu, 28 May 1998, Eric Thomas wrote:
  Peter R wrote:
> >LSoft has been ambiguous, silent, aloof, "big customers want other stuff
> >first, and are paying", etc., for _years_ now. What's the true story on
> >AFD/FUI for non-VM LISTSERV?
>
> Less than one customer in 100 has been asking for AFD/FUI. It is that
> bad and as long as it is that bad, nobody is going to write the code.

Thanks for a prompt, unambiguous reply (and much less promising as
comments of a couple years ago). I'll now forget about AFD/FUI (on
LISTSERV) forever.  What a shame.

> BTW, GIVE is available in 1.8d. There was more demand for it and it was
> also much easier to add. AFD/FUI is more work than you seem to think :-)

I didn't suggest how much work it might be for you to program it. I
suggested that it was easy for _users_ and _file owners_ to _use_ (well,
as easy as LISTSERV lists are to use, and I think they're easy!).
Peter