Jo Hermans <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 17:15:36 +0100
At 05:07 PM 12/15/98 , you wrote:
>On 15 Dec 98, at 16:40, Jo Hermans wrote:
>
>> During the last week, we
>> have been missing 2 of our digests ; none of our subscribers has received
>> them. I haven't received any error-message wither. I mailed the node
>> administrator, but he didn't reply yet.
>>
>> What could be the cause of this problem. I was thinking about a lack of
>> diskspace to store the digest (although the regular archive seems to be
>> storing just fine). What do you think could be the problem ?
>>

>One possible cause is that the archives were edited before the digest
>containing parts that were edited went out. The digest then gets out of
>synch with the archives and can't figure out how to send itself. This is
>why we recommend against editing active archive files.

I'm very sure that nobody has edited the archives (or it must have been the
node admin). The strange part is that the 2 digests which are missing are
*not* consecutive : we're missing the one from the 9th and the one from the
14th. This is our header :

* Blues Music List
*
*  owner=         [log in to unmask]
*  owner=     quiet:
*  owner=         [log in to unmask]
*  owner=         [log in to unmask]
*  owner=         [log in to unmask]
*  owner=         [log in to unmask]
*
*  Editor=        [log in to unmask],(BLUES-L)
*  send=          editor,hold
*
*  errors-to=     [log in to unmask]
*  auto-delete=   yes,full-auto,delay(0),max(5)
*
*  subscription=  open,confirm
*  default-options= repro,ack
*  topics=          NBC,PLAYLIST,GEAR
*  default-topics=  ALL
*  renewal=       3-monthly
*
*  reply-to=      sender,respect
*  notebook=     yes,R/414,weekly
*  mail-via=      dist2
*  stats=         normal,private
*  x-tags=        comment
*  confidential=  no
*  files=         no
*  validate=      no
*
*  Sizelim=       250
*  daily-threshold=  200
*
*  BLUES-L is a list for the discussion of blues music and
*  performers, from Charley Patton and Bessie Smith to Robert
*  Cray and Stevie Ray Vaughan.
*

---
Jo Hermans, System Administrator DINF, VUB University, Brussels
[log in to unmask]                http://dinf.vub.ac.be/~jo/
Tel : +32-2-629.38.19               Fax : +32-2-629.35.25

Listmom (sic) of Blues-L  [log in to unmask] or bit.listserv.blues-l
Maintains the Benelux Blues Scene   http://blues.vub.ac.be/