Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 21:30:11 -0600
On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 20:40:26 -0500, Hannes Hofer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Is there any way for an owner of a list to be notified if an address
>is non-existing or bad? I would think that a "user unknown" message
>goes back to to the listserver, but this message does not appear to
>be forwarded to the list owner. Am I missing something?

Normally LISTSERV will process such messages automatically and take care of
auto-deleions by itself.  Only if LISTSERV cannot understand the error message
will it be forwarded to the List Owner for human interpretation/action.  If you
desire to process all errors manually, then you can turn off auto-deletion (it
is turned on by default) and process all error manually.