"Phillips, Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 15 May 2002 16:17:21 -0500
Hello,

We have the evaluation (FREE) copy of L-Soft and are planning to purchase the Lite edition, then upgrade within a year or so to Classic.

I've been having some problems and have questions.

1.  The first one comes from using the web interface -- when I sort the archives or try to do other actions using it, I sometimes get the error:
"Error during command authentication
Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=111). The server is probably not started. "

At Other times this does not happen.  Any ideas why this is happening?

2.  This is more of a question rather than a problem.  I seem to get conflicting information about mail templates from the various manuals, etc.  When got the DEFAULT.MAILTPL changed it and tried to PUT LISTNAME.MAILTPL, the server sent me a message saying this was not allowed.  If this isn't possible, how can we change the standard messages in the DEFAULT.MAILTPL?  Do we change the file manually in UNIX and then replace the file on the server?

3.  Does anyone have experience using rotating banners using the following in the MAILTPL:
&DAYSEQ(n)
.ASIS text

Thanks much for your help,

Bill Phillips