Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 28 May 1994 23:47:51 MST
On Sat, 28 May 1994 16:29:28 -0400 P. Divirgilio said:
>unkown. Bascially, that is why I am asking about the mailer-daemon system.
>Can someone explain what it is doing?--Paul.

  Who cares?  There are LOTS of broken mailers out there.

>> From @CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU,@stjohns.edu:[log in to unmask]  Sat
>+ May 28 16:01:42 1994
>> Date: Sat, 28 May 94 16:00:39 -0400
>> From: [log in to unmask] (Mail Delivery Subsystem)

  I've deleted all of my subscribers at this site in last two days,
as it appears to have been broken for some three to five days.
  Why it is broken is NOT my problem, though I'm always interested in
learning.  I jsut tell all my listmembers (on six lists) taht if their
stuff bounces for over a day, they're gone.  Problem may be at their
site, or elsewhere.  But....not my problem.  They are always welcome
to resub when it is fixed, of course.

>> 421 EGM.LIB.ROCHESTER.EDU Lost input channel from uga.cc.uga.edu

   Lost input channel is again one I've not seen before, but I don't
care WHY their machine is busted.,....that is the probelm of the poor
folks who gotta fix it.  o-)

cyclops

  Dan Lester                          Internet: [log in to unmask]
  Network Information Coordinator     Bitnet:   ALILESTE@IDBSU
  Boise State University Library
  Boise, Idaho  83725                 In the kingdom of the blind, the
  208-385-1235                        one-eyed man is king.  Erasmus. 1523