Bill Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 16 Sep 1997 19:02:40 -0500
On 16 Sep 97 14:12:22 -0400, [log in to unmask] wrote:

>When a user gets
>out of line in a post, I usually set them to nopost
>and send mail to them and to the list telling them
>that they are set to nopost till they convince me
>that they understand and will abide by the list
>guidelines.

Our problem here was that we had on fellow that would unsubscribe and
resubscribe and that wiped out the nopost setting. He then got to make
one more shot at you on the list before you could set him to nopost
again. Every time we filtered him, he changed addresses and hit us
again before we could filter his new address.

He was a pro, but the review mode as a default was what finally killed
his attacks. He changed addresses 16 times.

Make review a default option, keep a list of who you want on review
permanently, and every few days remove all the new people from review
that subscribe.

Its not fun but it works.

--
Bill Harrison