Margaret King <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 28 May 2014 14:05:04 -0400
Quoting John Adams <[log in to unmask]>:

> Hi, folks,
>
>      I've been asked and I don't know. My assumption is yes, but I'd like
> to know for sure. Do you?

We use Exim with Listserv 15.5. I don't know what version of Exim but
I suspect it is old. I have the impression that very few sites use
this combination. Our main problem has been that VERP is not as easy
with Exim as with some other mailers. This is needed for things like
passive probing and the one click unsubscribe link in the bottom
banner (the one that knows who you are, not the generic one like this
list uses). I specifically call it "VERP" because if you try to Google
for "Exim Listserv passive probing" you will get nothing except
perhaps one of my earlier requests for help from this list. Or rather
from the admins list - we are on the owners list here aren't we? (Hmm,
you are probably more than just a list owner if you are in a position
to install Exim....) Anyway I found I needed to search "VERP Exim" to
get any useful info on how to make this stuff work (and we are still
working on it - our list owners can't use passive probing right now....)

Margaret King
Michigan State University