Eugenio Gatto <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 12:46:44 GMT+1
--- Getting posting data per user?? / Eugenio Gatto. - Torino,
    1998-03-18

I use monthly a more systematic version of what has already been
suggested, extracting (vers. 1.8b) with such a job:

//db JOB ECHO=NO
DATABASE SEARCH DD=cmd
//cmd DD *
SEARCH * IN listname.n1-n2
LIST #.4R "Item" date.8 "Date    " #recs.4R "Recs"
LIST #.4R "Item" sender.160 "Sender"
LIST #.4R "Item" subject.160 "Subject"
/*
//db EOJ

The three sets of data may be easily merged by number (a single LIST
statement would not allow such long fields), and then passed to any
spreadsheet or other device for sorting, counting &c. (from such data we
publish long term statistics about our list, at
<http://www.aib.it/aib/aibcur/stat.txt>: 20k, in Italian ... but numbers
are numbers).

I prefer the form 'IN listname.n1-n2' (instead of a simple 'IN listname
SINCE date1 UNTIL date2') to overcome the fact that LISTSERV records the
message original date: something that is nowadays quite unreliable, due
to occasional misuse of PC clocks and configurations. Anyway, internal
LISTSERV numbering represents actual delivery sequence, and I feel no
need for a "distribution date", at least for general use.

I miei saluti.

<-- Eugenio Gatto       <[log in to unmask]>