John Barr <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 1 May 1998 13:35:17 -0400
We provide Listserv ownership to our member institutions as part of our
ISP options.  We administer 20 or so lists.

I'm not able to look over the shoulders of all of our listowners but it
seems that several users of Micorsoft's Outlook (not Outlook Express) have
difficulties communicating with Listserv.

Specifically, they have difficulty Putting the header using Reply.  From
the messages I see it looks like Outlook is adding characters at the end
of the header and/or breaking lines so that the * is lost and Lsoft thinks
it has either the begining of the subscriber list or a false command.

Although we have Outlook, we have not been able to reproduce the problem.
Outlook will send in Word (.doc) format, and we've unchecked that.

Any ideas what might be happening?

TIA,

\          John Barr                                   Voice:  (215) 222-1532
\\         HSLC                                        Fax:    (215) 222-0416
\\\\       3600 Market St., Suite 550
\\\\\\     Philadelphia, PA 19104-2646                 E-mail:  [log in to unmask]
H S L C