"Pauline M. Marshall" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 26 Aug 1998 00:24:45 -0500
On Tue, 25 Aug 1998, Adam Bailey wrote:

> >Or, you verify the addresses before you add them to the list.  A simple
> >"Did you try to subscribe yourself to the <listname> list?  If you did,
> >please respond to this message as I would like to verify your intent to
> >join."
>
> Which can be put into SUB_OWNER. If you don't get a reply, don't add the
> address. I used that for a list I once ran.

Now, that might work.  If their address isn't replyable, they would never
get the message to respond to.....only downside, is that you may get
nasty-grams later of 'why didn't you add me'. :)

That is one to look into, as it seems the best option so far.  Nathan, I
looked into your suggestion, and unless I am confused, wouldn't the
template you mention go to the owner, and not the subscriber? (Sorry I
can't grab my manual, I am moving and it has been packed already)

Thanx for all the help so far.

| Pauline M. Marshall         /  /                 --= MightyMouse =-- |
| [log in to unmask]           /  /        http://www.zoned.net/~mmouse/ |
|Progress (n.): The process through which the internet has evolved from|
|               smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people |
|               in front of smart terminals.                           |