Tue, 22 Jun 1999 12:54:08 -0700
On Tue, Jun 22, 1999 at 03:05:29PM -0400, Andrew Morrow wrote:
> > client will resend with the original sender's address showing up in the
> > LISTSERV From field.  I'm only aware of Pine and Elm being able to do that.
> > Has anything changed?  Has anyone found a way?
>
> Bzzzt! Wrong! <g>  Pegasus Mail for Windows has always had that ability.
> If you Forward a message and leave the "Edit this message before
> Forwarding" option unchecked (we call this "Forwarding without editing")
> then Resent-* headers are added to the message and the original From: line
> is left untouched, just like Pine's Bounce command.

But this means the moderator cannot edit the message. That's not
acceptable to me.

Before anyone says moderators shouldn't silently alter messages, I don't
alter the author's content. I strip out footers, excessive quotes,
and change the subject line an appropriate TOPIC keyword. I also
automatically insert an "X-Edited-By: rex" header line.

-rex
--
Photons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic.