Greg Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 23 Jul 1992 15:32:11 CDT
On Thu, 23 Jul 1992 10:56:48 PDT Russell N. Hathhorn, VM Systems Support said:
>On Thu, 23 Jul 1992 13:47:00 EDT Roger Burns said:
>>At my computing center, when a user leaves the organization their old
>>account is usually re-assigned to a new employee.
>
>What !!!  (see above)  This is a security risk/breach of the 'first water'

Double-plus agreed.  Roger, though you will have trouble bucking tradition,
do lobby to make sure that no more than one person EVER uses a given ID.
Janitor or president--share IDs only with those who also share your
toothbrush.  Share financial-accounts, move files, swap minidisks, whatever,
but don't recycle IDs!  Old subscriptions are the least of your potential
problems.  Let's take this up on another list or privately if you wish.

- Greg Johnson, ID-Administrator-Among-Other-Things, U of MO