Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 12:45:03 -0500
On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Anita Cohen-Williams wrote:

> People,
>
> I have a person who I have thrown off two of my lists and filtered him. He
> has now decided to try and slip back on by changing his e-mail address (but
> not his name). I threw him off again this morning and promptly put in a new
> filter.
>
> Is there any way of filtering him by just putting his name (rather than his
> e-mail address) in the filter?

If your list is being hosted on a system that runs Listserv 1.8e then you
might be able to achieve what you want by setting up a content filter. The
documentation on L-Soft's web site should have info on content filters.

The reality is that as soon as this pest figures out your new filtering
method, he'll change his name as well as his email address. Moderating
your list for a little while would probably be more successful at making
this interloper lose interest in your list.