Dan Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 23 Jul 1995 16:20:59 -0500
Roger Burns commented on Eric's answer to me:

> > Sorry, the  OK mechanism doesn't  let others approve the  commands you've
> > sent to the server. You can always repost the message directly.

> That stricture isn't mentioned in the Listowners Manual, and I'm cc'ing
> this to Nathan so that perhaps he will include it.

> Request: I can envision many situations in which the approval of certain
> messages might best be discussed and shared among several editors, such as
> the case just described.  I'd like to request that an option be developed
> which drops that stricture, such as having

>                      Send= Editor,hold,any
>                                        ^^^
> which might allow any editor/moderator to approve any held message.

Yes, this would be *very* helpful to us.  We are actually
dividing the messages among several moderators based on the
topic.  The list server sends messages to a dummy account.  A
script scans for the topic keywords and sends the messages on
each topic to a different moderator for review.  The script also
send an automatic rejection notice for messages that do not
contain a topic keyword in the subject line.

With this system, the approval never comes from the address to
which the list server sent the message for review.  This
certainly does not cause any problems for the current method of
approval.  I naturally assumed that it would still work if we
switched to Editor,hold.

Of course, the other option would be to have support for
moderation by topic built into the list server.  ;-)

                          Peace,  Dan

<<  Daniel D. Wheeler          Internet:  [log in to unmask]  >>
<<  University of Cincinnati     Bitnet:  wheeler@ucbeh       >>