Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 21 Aug 1997 14:16:00 -0400
At 13:51 8/21/97 -0400, you wrote:
|Hi,
|I have a new mailing list for which I paid. I had 5o+ member within a few
|days after the announcement was made.
|I introduced myself to the list and explained what the list was all
|about. I explained that I welcome suggestions and recommendations to get
|a good active list.
|
|I asked for introductions. Only 4 out of the 55 responded. Two even
|volunteered to answer questions and help anyone.
|To this day there is utter silence from the list.

Consider:

The time of the year (if your subscribers are "near" a terminal to respond)

The activity at this time of year -- do they have something else better to do?

Maybe they are in lurker mode?  (I joined a different list several weeks
ago but just have made my first post.)

Get the ball rolling with some insightful comments or something outrageous.

(BTW, use the lstown-l list instead of the lstsrv-l list: the former is for
owners of lists, the latter for maintainers of the LISTSERV(R) software.)
--
mailto:[log in to unmask]          Tel: +1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg;  University Park,  PA   16802-1202 USA