Eric Paul-Hus <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 6 Jan 1997 11:51:04 -0800
Blaine asked:
> What I want is errors to my address (as specified in the errors-to:
> field), anything generated from designating Inform=yes to the same
> address, and nothing to the "quiet owners" address(es))
[...]
> Blaine Thompson
> Owner - Grunge-L + some other lists...
[... :-) for your sig ...]

With LISTSERV 1.8b running on a VM Host.
* Owner= [log in to unmask] (Blaine Thompson)
* Owner= Quiet:
* Owner= ghost@host               (quiet guy)
* Owner= Quiet_too@his_host       (quiet too)
* Owner= Always_quiet@silent_host (even quieter)
* Errors-to= [log in to unmask]
* Notify= [log in to unmask]

I don't have any info on an "inform=" keyword, I supposed you
meant notify= (who subs, signoff, echo of user's notification following
a SET *** FOR X@Y).

A note though:  with such a setup Quiet: owner won't receive FATAL
LISTSERV messages, i.e. Write Error on the host that cause the list to
be held. I'd suggest you would have at least one non-quiet co-owner or
change place when you leave for an extended period of time.

With that setup Blaine receives:
- all bounces and errors  8-P miam !
- Notifications  8-p slurp !
- LIST-request@HOST message  8-o Wow !
(anything addressed as owner-LIST@HOST comes also through camouflaged as
an error as owner-LIST is a reserved addressed ;-)

Quiet: guys receives zip, not even fatal error messages...
But they have the same right as you ie, messing with the header, playing
with other users options, ADDing and DELeting innocent victims :-)

HTH,

--
Eric Paul-Hus, BLUES-L

PS Really Blaine GRUNGE-L ?  mmmh! you should try a music list one of
these days :-)) It's a joke : Peace !
(I do listen to Nirvana and Pearl Jam once in a while ;-)