Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 16:09:18 -0500
At 15:45 02/23/2001 Friday, Paul E. Prusakowski wrote:
 >Hello,
 >
 >I am having a strange problem with a looping e-mail.  The mail is not
 >looping through all the entire list subscription, but just into my box
 >apparently.  I have removed the subscriber that generated the original
 >message, as well as an individual in Germany whose information showed up in
 >the extended header information.  I am still recieving copies of the message
 >every 5-10 minutes.  I contacted a few other subscribers, and they are not
 >getting copies of this message.

A set of headers would be more useful.  Are you sure that you are not
seeing distributions that were already in-transit even though you
successfully did the DELs?

Also, it is possible that the errant subscriber was susbscribed in two
different ways: once by their normal userid@node, and also on some
redistribution list (perhaps in Germany).

/Pete