Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 24 Dec 2003 10:05:18 -0500
At 06:47 12/24/2003 Wednesday, Winship wrote:
 >Sublist B is for a very narrow portion of the traffic on main list A
 >(please do not mention "topics").  I want everything posted on B to appear
 >on A, but do not want everything posted on A to appear on B.
 >
 >So, what I need to do is get B established (the LISTSERV administrator at
 >the host site, same for both, has told me he'll set it up whenever I like),
 >then, once I'm sure B is working properly, subscribe mainlist A to sublist
 >B, but do not subscribe sublist B to mainlist A.
 >
 >That is basically it, isn't it?  Any comments on things to watch out for?

Yes:

1) editorially, don't use the term "subscribe" since it is NOT a
subscription, it's a sub-list[s]; subscription of lists to lists add more
LISTSERV anti-spam "gotchas"

2) if the poster to list B is a subscriber to sub-list A, it is possible
under some release of LISTSERV that they will not get their own message
even if they are in REPRO mode (this can be very disconcerting)

3) subscribers to sub-list A will "see" the mail distributed to list B as
originating from B i.e., they see nothing to indicate that the mail
involved sub-list A

4) only LISTSERV maintainers may add the list-definition keyword SUB-LISTS=