Jim Cocks <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 31 Mar 1995 08:35:07 EST
>You can't move the command, you can only change the blurb that comes with
>the  index. You  could  include a  sample command  with  your new  blurb,
>though. But I don't really see how having the command first helps because
>you have  to go through  the list of messages  anyway in order  to decide
>which ones you're interested in.

 Let me clarify my intentions and see if this makes any sense. The
 index listing comes in the following order:

 1.  index listing of messages
 2.  message text on how to retrieve posts
 3.  commands for ordering messages

 Now this is fine for the first time or two for the person who has
 never used this before.  However, the predominant use is for
 people who are using it more than one or two times.  Therefore,
 they do not want to have to wade through the message text to get
 to the ordering commands.

 What I wanted to do was to reorder items 2 and 3 so that the
 commands come right after the index listing.  That way, familiar
 users could just go to the "order form" after reading the indexes
 making it easy for them.  Since the commands are only a few lines
 it would not impose on those who wanted to continue down and read
 the text.  Just a more user friendly order, that's all.

 I see now that is not possible from my end and so I would like to
 request that if this territory gets revisited in anyway this
 change be considered, including the Echo=No to the Job card.

 Many thanks,
 Jim Cocks  -  Univ. of Louisville