Hal Keen <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 24 Jan 2015 16:12:48 -0600
From: "Charles Clausen"

> Yes - If the address is subscribed to lists on the admin site for which I
> am not a listowner, I will not be notified of these lists.

Maybe we ought to be exploring the purpose of these queries. If the object
is to help the user track down all of his subscriptions, then the SUBSCIBER
can send
   Q *
and get a full report of his subscriptions on that server, regardless of
list ownership.

The only case in which I, as an owner, care about additional lists is when
I've established that a subscribed address is no longer working, and I want
to clean it off all my lists. In that case, I figure owners of other lists
are dealing with it, independently.

We should also mention the response includes subscription settings for each
list. For some purposes, I find it useful to write scripts that boil the
information down. (I use Perl; another owner has mentioned to me that he
finds Python useful, too.)

Hal Keen