Thu, 15 Feb 2001 09:21:14 -0600
On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Dennis wrote:

> Does this message from the server tell you experts anything
> significant?
>
> > get filelist CETEFL-L
> This server does not have any file by the name "FILELIST CETEFL-L".

Unless you are on a VM platform that should be
GET CETEFL-L CATALOG

(it isn't actually named a "filelist" unless you are on VM
in which case, if memory serves (been a while), it would
be:
GET CETEFL-L FILELIST (CTL NOL

> I am List Manager and have a password.
>
> Questions
> ========
>
> 1.  I have read that before I can PUT documents I must register the
> file I wish to create.
>
> So WHAT command do I issue to the server????

You GET the catalog (filelist) and add, appropriately, the name of the
new file, the PUT the catalog back. To PUT the catalog just send the
modified catalog back with, as the first line
PUT CETEFL-L CATALOG PW=XXXXXXXX

If you have a "welcome" file in the catalog you the structure of that
entry as a guide for how new ones should be structured.  I'll send you
a copy of one of mine, if you like.  You can add notes as to what the
various files are.

> 2.  Supposing I have a document, bkrev1.txt, which is stored on my PC
> at c:/dments/dennis/cetefl/bkrev1.txt

GET the catalog(filelist), add the filename bkrev1.txt, PUT the catalog
back, then, after you get the note that the catalog has been updated,
PUT the actual file by sending it with this in the first line:
PUT BKREV1.TXT CETEFL-L PW=XXXXXXXX
 insert file here

Douglas