Sherry Beauchamp <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 18 Apr 1997 11:53:30 -0800
Since I didn't receive any responses to my first request, I'm trying again:

We've recently implemented Auto-Delete on our broadcast-only lists, with
settings of

*  Auto-Delete= Yes,Full-Auto,Delay(1),Max(1)

Previously I had it set to Delay(0), but changed it in order to be able to
get monitoring reports.  I'm now trying to understand just how this all
works.

Say on Monday I receive a Monitoring Report which states that 14
subscribers are being monitored.  Then on Tuesday I receive a Monitoring
Report which states that 5 subscribers were deleted (out of the group that
was being monitored the day before), and another 27 are being monitored
(which list does not include the ones being monitored the day before).  My
questions are:

Why hasn't the entire group being monitored on Monday been deleted on
Tuesday?  Each bounced 1 time in a 24-hour period.  Was a second bounce
required to trigger the deletion of the 5 subscribers on Tuesday?

For those of you more knowledgeable than I about this particular aspect of
Listserv, what settings would you suggest I implement?  Our lists are
broadcast-only, with numerous topics set.  Many subscribers are set to only
one topic, and many topics post as infrequently as once every two weeks.
Would

*  Auto-Delete= Yes,Full-Auto,Delay(14),Max(1)

make more sense in this instance?

Thanks for your help.

Sherry Beauchamp

   Sherry Beauchamp         Social Science Research Network (SSRN)
   [log in to unmask]                   http://www.SSRN.Com

   Leading Social Science Research Delivered to Your Desktop Daily