"Alperin, Glenn" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 19 Sep 1997 20:35:56 -0400
Sorry to throw you off here, but this will go back to the list-owner list
as a demonstration that some mail programs do not accurately read the
reply to headers.  My school is currently on an OpenVMS AXP 7.1 operating
system, and my e-mail program I am using is All-In-1.  It is further
interesting to note that all Reply-To headers get ignored by this mail
program.  All-In-1 recognises that the reply-to header exists, but it
fails to do anything with it.  Thus, be aware that just because you set
the reply-to header up, not all responses will go through the way you
anticipate.  What seems to happen at this end is that every message which
I wish to reply to will be directed to the Sender header, so since the
list-owner list sent this message to me, than any reply I make will go
back to the list-owner list.

I did not change any information from the message I recieved to have it go
back to the list owner list.  Perhaps I should address this problem to the
authors of the All-In-1 software package for OpenVMS, as it seems to have
a few other quirks too.

Glenn