"Krum, Drew" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 09:08:27 -0800
> >Thanks, Ben. But, then why did someone get an empty email when they
> >SIGNOFFed?
>
> Perhaps becasue you didn't PUT a truly empty file...
>
> When you send it you put this as line one of your message
>
> PUT listname FAREWELL PW=zzzzz
>
> Then put nothing, no signature block, no blank lines, not even 1 <enter>
> key, in other words: ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!   Beware that some 'helpful'
> mailers try to add these extra things for you, don't let it!
>
> You should get back a msg that the file was deleted.  If you get back a
> msg that the file was PUT successfully then something is adding blank
> lines to your msg, and you need to use a different mail pgm that offers
> more control over msg contents and less 'help'.
>
> Right now you can try to   GET listname FAREWELL  and I'll bet you get a
> file with 1-2 blank line(s).

Ah, yes, that's it!!! I did get that message. I will try to not put any
return after it next time. I use Exchange on NT 4.... it's very
meddlesome in things like this. I wouldn't be surprised if it adds a
return to my email. I could use Netscape or IE for email or some other
mailer; however, I have no idea how to "be" the acct from which the
listserver will process my commands. Will figure out something!

Thanks again!!!

--
Drew Krum - Computer Support Coordinator
Chancellor's Office, UCLA            <[log in to unmask]>

Across the copper, through the hub, out the router, over the
    frame, off the bridge, into the fiber...nothing but 'net.