"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 2 Jan 1996 07:22:00 EST
>Third, I erased the message that started this conversation, but I also am
>getting multiple logons to my list by subscribers such as Alvin Tan
><[log in to unmask]>, then I get "daily error messages from listserv"
>saying that the subscriber is being monitored . . . my question is mildly
>related--is there any way I can find out "where" these subscribers' accounts
>are?  It's easy to tell a .edu address, but is there a listing somewhere of
>all the *.com addresses which tells who they are? (name of business,
>geographical location, etc.)

Many of these kind of discussions take place on the list SPAM-L
@peach.ease.lsoft.com.  NOTEBOOK archives are available.

The "where" is not always "obvious" UNLESS you have access to the
SMTP and LISTSERV console logs, are familiar with SMTP and DNS
protocols (and jargon) and are willing to work with system and
network administrators at your and other sites.  Either that, or
lurk on SPAM-L.

--  co-owner INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
URL:mailto:[log in to unmask]          "Kids: don't e-mail to strangers!"