Diane Kovacs <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 10 Feb 1993 11:43:56 EDT
On Wed, 10 Feb 1993 09:47:34 EST Matthew Simpson said:
>I understand that BITNET is gradually being replaced by INTERNET.
>No political movement would ever seem to stop this.  INTERNET is
Wouldn't be more accurate to say that Bitnet is being absorbed into the
internet?
I expect that LISTSERV will continue to evolve to meet the changing
network parameters...tcp/ip isn't going to be around forever either.
I leave it for Eric Thomas to detail but it seems to me that Listserv
has become increasingly Internet compatible.  The majority of my
subscribers are using the Internet domain addresses to subscribe.
It seems to me that the mail transmission to them is using the Internet
names table?  (I'm not technically knowledgeable about this.

Diane