Douglas Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 7 Dec 2002 12:00:02 -0500
On Sat, 7 Dec 2002, Stan Horwitz wrote:

> These warnings are incorrect. There was no virus on the DIRCON list, as
> this warning claims, yet the warnings continue to be sent.  I contacted
> the administrator of the domain in question more than 24 hours ago, but no
> response has been received. Has anyone else been receiving this crap?

Sure -- about 10 times a day. It sounds like Klez or a variant. I
especially love it when our antivirus mail scanner catches a message to a
list from the same list, or from another list on the server. So special.

There's literallly nothing you can do about it without the actual original
headers and some lucky sleuthing -- esp on a public list.

-- DCP