Dennis Budd <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 10:28:36 -0500
On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Jacob Haller wrote:

>[. . .]
>>Just to make it explicit, there is another mailing list setting that
>>suppresses the "missing" information altogether.  It's not the
>>default, and I've never been on a list configured that way, but
>>Listserv does allow a listowner to do it.
>
>What is this setting?

It is:

X-Tags= Comment | Yes | No

In the case of "yes" or "comment" it specifies how the information
appears, in the case of "no" it suppresses it completely.  "Yes" is
the default.

Also, it might be relevant to this topic to mention that a lot of mail
clients might not include these headers in the list of mail headers
displayed by default, unless their users have configured them to
explicitly include the "X-To", etc., headers, or for a particular
messages toggle the "display all headers" option on.

Dennis