"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 16:25:18 -0400
A few weeks ago (I'm a slow reader) Jon gear wrote, in part..

> I was wondering if there was a product or patch or something that would
> allow me to have the L-Soft software scan all emails coming through the
> listserv for virus attachments?

I don't want to have to pay for that development!  If you buy virus
scanning software for your desktop, it only has to check for
executables on that machine architecture and operating system, but
any LSoft virus scanner would need to recognize any and all viruses
irrespective of whether the virus could execute on the LISTSERV
platform du jour.

If I'm wrong, then implement the solution in SMTP instead. :-)

cheers, wayne

Wayne T. Smith                       mailto:[log in to unmask]
Systems Group - UNET                 University of Maine System
LISTSERV maintainer for http://lists.Maine.edu/