Bruce Harper <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 Apr 1995 09:23:35 +0900
OK, so some folks are getting duplicates.  But I would think that of any
group on the internet, list owners would be the least likely to engage
in the "me too" practice of cluttering the list :-)  If this were the
CLULES-L list (discussion list for the clueless) or alt.clueless.newbies,
I could understand the rash of "I'm getting duplicates, too, are you getting
duplicate messages, also?" messages.  Bounces are the bane of any list
owner, especially when they multiply, followed by empty, two-line "me too's"
that just add to the problem.  So now we will be flooded with duplicate
messages saying messages are being duplicated, all while the list owner of
list owners is trying to solve the problem and stop the madness.

Please show some restraint.  I know you would expect the same of the
subscribers on your own lists.

I will now finish my first cup of coffee and calm down  :-)

Bruce in Blacksburg     (owner of several internal, well-behaved lists)

Bruce B. Harper                      (703)231-4360
Distributed Information Systems      [log in to unmask]
Virginia Tech Computing Center
1700 Pratt Drive                  Region Director for
Blacksburg, Virginia  26060       New River Valley Chapter of DPMA
  Check out the DPMA WWW Page at http://negaduck.cc.vt.edu/DPMA