Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 14:33:15 -0500
Earlier today, I posted the question that appears below. After
experimenting around with this particular list, I finally got it to work.
To fix this problem, I removed the twenty pending jobs for this list from
listserv's spool directory. I moved the current monthly log file out of
the list's directory. I then deleted all the list's db, ind, and subject
files. Put the job files back where they belong. Next, I regenerated the
ind files, freed the list, and it worked. I then appended the new monthly
log file back onto the old Feb log file, then I regenerated the ind files
again. This seems to have solved the problem.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 09:33:58 -0500 (EST)
From: Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
To: Listserv Sysadmins <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Error logging to a log file

One of the lists I manage is reporting the following error whenever I free
it. This list is run under Listserv 1.8d under Tru64 Unix. The list in
question has monthly archiving enabled. I am not sure how to fix this
problem. What I already tried was deleting the corrsponding ".ind" file
for this list's Feb. log file then I rebuilt the missing .ind file. That
did nothing. I then deleted the last message from the list's Feb. notebook
and removed the notebook's .ind file again, then rebuilt the ind file.
Again, nothing. Any tips on how to fix this problem?