John Cunniff <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 20 Dec 2011 19:39:47 -0500
Karen,

Something funny to suggest something... I've noticed my late friend always
said "Okey" - note 'e' in it! Some people say "Okey" instead of "Okay"
smile!!!

I don't know if a speech reader changes from "Ok" to "Okay" for a blind
subscriber so, I have to agree. Adding "OKAY" mechanism to that!

Hey, when you mentioned of "Unknown command," you got me laughing as it
looked funny as the LISTSERV didn't understand "Okay!"

Laffing!
Johnny :)

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Karen R
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 6:20 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Wishlist -- The OK confirmation

I was recently contacted by a new subscriber about a problem he
encountered with the OK confirmation when subscribing to a list.

The subscriber is blind and uses a screen reader. When he got to:

Alternatively, if you have no WWW access, you can reply to this message
and type OK as the text of your message.

He responded with "okay", and that came back with "unknown command".

Would it make sense to allow both OK and okay as acceptable responses?
Or make it clearer in the instructions so that a screen ready would let
the user know that OK is O K?

Thank you.
--
Karen Reznek