Hal Keen <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 1 Jul 2016 11:54:14 -0500
From: "k p"

> Perhaps the actual problem was not that the owner was also a subscriber,
> but that they had the NoPost attribute set. The List Owner can change that
> setting on their individual subscription.
>
> On 7/1/2016 11:40 AM, Lai, Wen Pin wrote:
>> Thank you all. We finally figured out that once the owner removed
>> herself from the subscription list, she was able to send out the post. I
>> guess this is an issue because our listserv is set to be one-way
>> announcement.

I think k p has hit on the explanation:
(1) Because the list was supposed to be a one-way announcement list, NOPOST
was a subscriber default.
(2) The owner was subscribed, and had not overridden that default setting on
the subscription.

It WOULD have been easier if the description had been less vague.

Hal Keen