Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 22 May 2001 15:31:03 -0400
Just as an FYI, there's a problem sending mail from Listserv lists to
MSN.COM subscriptions. I verified this a few minutes ago by talking with a
tech support person there who told me that this is a known problem on
MSN.COM's network which they're working to fix as fast as possible. I also
notified the tech support person with whom I spoke that this problem has
been going on for at least one month.

What happens is that list owners here are getting rejected messages with a
temporary CNAME lookup failure for MSN.COM addresses. This applies to both
email from individual lists here and any status and confirmation messages
that our Listserv sends out. I am not sure if this problem is happening
with all Listservers, but the tech support person knew right away what I
was talking about when I called so I suppose they have been getting a lot
of calls about this problem.