Paul Wehner <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 14 Nov 2012 21:12:38 -0500
Likely IIS services to be restarted.
If the server hosts many, many lists it also possible the web archive update process is consuming too many resources.

Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:00 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Help with error message

Hi

I manage a number of lists - listserv on a windows box.

Do not have access to server - just web admin, I am a list owner.

Anyway am from time to time getting this message.

Listserv :: http://wwwlists.ccc.govt.nz/wa.exe?LMGT1 error message when
accessing. unable to initiate communications with listserv. This server
is probably not started.

Listserv is still sending and I can do stuff via email - just cant use
the web interface

I believe it is a Windows service that needs restarting - just don't
know which or how to explain to our modrately disinterested IT
department

The IT people reboot the server when this happens and it works ok for a
couple of weeks. I suspect it happens after Windows updates

Unfortunately the update people (outsourced) sdont talk to the Help desk
people (uninterested) and cant see any caus or pattern...

Any way what do people suggest when this messafe occurs - is there a
service or two to restart - start - or should the whole server be
rebooted.

Thanks

paul

Christchurch City Council