Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 23 Aug 1995 10:45:26 EDT
On Wed, 23 Aug 1995 03:02:55 -0500 Winship said:
>Wouldn't a "distribute"  job take care of that?  Or if you don't want
>to do that, put your item in the filelist, then do a "give" for the
>whole list?

That's how I'd do it.  Just do a GET and block copy the userids and
"real names", then construct a DISTRIBUTE job and send it to LISTSERV.
I did that a couple of times when we had our infamous 10 days of down
time due to the ISP's inability to configure a stupid router...:)

However, if you're not on VM, GIVE won't work--as evidenced by this
command I sent to [log in to unmask]:

> give [log in to unmask] default.mailtpl
The GIVE command has not yet been ported to this environment.

Here's a sample DISTRIBUTE job:

//MYDIST JOB Echo=No
DISTRIBUTE MAIL
//TO DD *