Randy Klumph <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 11:21:24 PST
Since upgrading my list ([log in to unmask]) to 1.8d I have been
having a series of interesting anomolies that I assume are related
to the upgrade. Has anyone else experienced these or have
suggestions?

When sending a <Review>, I receive the message that the list is being
sent under separate cover, but it does not arrive unless I send a
second <Review> command (which generates neither a confirmation
nor second delivery of the list). This problem is not limited to
the Review command.

If issuing 3 or more commands at once (1 per line), it seems to
complete only part of them, but acknowledges all of them.

When replacing the header, I only *sometimes* receive confirmation
that it was successfully replaced. Each time it *is* replaced, but I
don't always receive confirmation.

A couple of subscribers are receiving their <Digest> sporadically. I
have also noticed this on another account I use to monitor the list.
Digest size is not an issue with this problem, and it started only
after the upgrade. Interestingly, one of the same subscribers also
does not receive the Review, even though she receives the notice
that it is on the way (review is public).

I have also begun receiving the following error on several
subscribers: "Message relaying to this domain disabled" This also
occurs during the confirmation for signing on or off for some. What
is causing this to occur?

The logfile shows all messages being sent out.

SMTPS Logs contain:
Error opening '49733.MAIL': Permission denied
Some days has several of these errors.??? What are these errors?

Regards,
Randy Klumph
MailTo:[log in to unmask]
http://www.tr.wou.edu