Betty Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 20 Sep 1997 19:37:44 -0500
Hiya...

Just a fyi.

I'd written:

and Adam wrote:
>Your filter block is wrong. You need to start each line with the Filter=
>command, ie:
>
>* Filter= also, [log in to unmask],[log in to unmask]
>* Filter= [log in to unmask],paa22@*.il,[log in to unmask]
>* Filter= [log in to unmask],[log in to unmask],[log in to unmask]

Cool, I tested your syntax using another account of mine as a test
case and it worked.  Out of curiousity, I also tried it using the
"* filter= also," on each line, and the listserv didn't like that
at all and generated an error message in response to my put command.
(I was curious because the online owner's manual said that
using "also" allows the listserv to use it's built in filters
and does not say anything (that I could find) about using multiple
instances of filter= or how to continue it to more than one line,
and I don't to my knowledge have any way of making sure the
listserv *is* using it's built in filter list).

Thanks for your assistance. :)
Betty