"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 20 May 2002 08:46:03 -0400
On 18 May 2002 at 22:30, Russ Hicks kindly replied, in part:
> It sounds to me that (some of) your listserv subscribers also also members
> of the chiari group on Yahoo.  There's nothing wrong or even unusual about
> that.  If you're a member of the chiari group and also a listserv member,
> yes, you'll get two posts, independent of each other.  Am I understanding
> this situation correctly?

I'm not sure I understand the situation, but the symptom I see are chiari
distributions on my site's list.  Not all chiari distributions ... just
those where the writer sent to both my list and chiari in the same e-mail.

There are no Yahoogroups (chiari) header lines (stored in my listserv
archive), but the headers do contain "Comments: To:/cc:" header lines that
show the original mail was also to chiari.  So my listserv archives has two
copies of each post ... one as expected, and one with the Yahoogroups
trailer.  Oh yes, probably important: the chiari archives entry has
"[wacma]" prepended to the subject line ("wacma" is another acronym chiari
group uses).

My site does not get all chiari posts and vice versa.

Another thing that makes me think my list is getting a redistribution: some
posts sent to both groups are multipart html.  The original part displays
in my archive without my site lists' bottom banner, yet the redistributed
copy with the chiari trailer has my site lists' bottom banner:
chiari/Yahoogroups is distributing plain text.

(Sorry to bore those unaffected by this).

Thanks for the reply, Russ!    cheers, wayne

Wayne T. Smith                         Systems Group - UNET
[log in to unmask]                 University of Maine System