Mary Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 02:57:39 -0500
We are having some posts show up on Setters-L that are "anon" in that
there is no name on the header. Most (if not all) seem to be from AOL
and they have the address in there as the name, but no name. I think
that Listserv is supposed to look them up from the subscriber list,
but it isn't doing it. We have the names. (Do not allow anonymous
subscriptions.) So how is this happening? I wasn't too concerned
until one eagle-eyed person saw it and now she wants to be "anon"
too. Everyone on the list is set to Conceal, btw. That isn't what is
causing the miss. Little Miss Eagle Eyes is set to Conceal and her
name is inserted into her posts to the list, but her private ones to
me come with just her address.

The list is set to Reply to Sender if that makes any difference.

Help, please.

Mary Siegel
currently at Setters-L