Bill Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 10 May 2007 09:08:33 -0400
The spam filtering/mail security system we use for 70 school districts in
Western NY blocks attachments with extensions that Microsot has deemed to
be unsafe (See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291369/en-us ), which
includes the extension .URL..  A teacher got dropped form a State Ed
listserv becuase we rejected (554  5.7.1 Attachments  with file extension
url are not accepted Message rejected by spam filter) the message at the
SMTP level.

Is there any advice I can pass on to the list owner on how to block that,
and other unsafe extensions, to prevent future problems and make the list
safer for all their subscribers?

---
In the time it took to read this a Windows exploit was discovered.

William Brown
Web Development & Messaging Services
Technology Services, WNYRIC, Erie 1 BOCES
(716)821-7285