Roger Fajman <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 14 Oct 1996 23:02:43 EDT
> > > We're just starting a new list and I was about to switch my email from my
> > > freenet service (Pine) to Concentric, which uses Netscape.  Are you saying
> > > that I won't be able to send commands to the listserv for our list using
> > > Netscape?  Help!!!
> >
> > I've never heard of a reason why Netscape couldn't be used to
> > send commands to LISTSERV.  If there is one, I'd be interested
> > in hearing what it is.
> >
> Have you ever used Netscape before?

Yes, I've sent email with Netscape.  I haven't used it to send commands
to LISTSERV (although I can give it a try tomorrow at work).  I haven't
seen anything in the messages it sends to keep it from working with
LISTSERV.

> I had plenty of problems running list commands from it that I don't have
> with other email browsers.  I got the same message that Lee Procter showed.
> That's why I suggest that he change email browsers.

I've gotten that message before too.  The solution is to set a
password.  Some versions of LISTSERV have a bug that causes it to
lose personal passwords occasionally.