Sue Paduano <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 4 Aug 1996 00:57:24 -0400
On Sun, 4 Aug 1996, Ben Parker wrote:

> On Sat, 3 Aug 1996 15:43:04 -0400, Sue Paduano <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
>
> >Could someone please tell me how I can add my co-owner to my list?
>

> Add the additional owner(s) as separate lines in your list header thus:
>
> * Owner= Sue Paduano <[log in to unmask]>
> * Owner= co-owner name <userID@wherever>
>
> This gives them some List Owner powers.  But you may also want to add
> them to the * Editor=, * Moderator= and * Errors-To= lines as well to
> complete the list of powers they will share with you.

I'll see if this works.

> None of the above subscribes them to the list (if they aren't already) so
> either you need to subscribe them manually or they need to subscribe in
> the usual fashion, so they will get posts like other members.

They are already members of my list.  That's how I got to know them and
I picked them.  So I don't have to worry about the above paragraph.

> You need to GET your List Header from your list, modify it and then PUT
> it in the usual manner.  Also, the new co-owner needs their own user
> Password, different from yours, and different from the List password
> since many List Owner commands require Password authentication.  See the
> instructions for adding new user passwords also.

This part is confusing.  Very confusing.  I would be an heck of an lot easier
if there is one password, mine that is and they are connected through that.
Is this possible, because I rather avoid all of the above and I'm sure
they will to?

Sue