Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 1 Apr 1995 03:36:36 +0200
On Fri, 31 Mar 1995 13:24:00 EST "s.merchant" <[log in to unmask]>
said:

>1. I sent a test message to ballroom-m and it gets distributed to
>   the _ballroom_ list

Bear in  mind that LISTSERV is  a totally independent component  from the
mail system. Whatever  you define in LISTSERV needs to  be defined in the
mail system as well. So, the person  in charge of the mailer will need to
set up a forward from ballroom-m to ballrm-m.

>2. To check, I did a "get ballroom (nol" and "get ballroom-m (nol"
>   Sure enough, I got the ballroom list both times (incorrectly, it
>   appears to me).

Yes, this  has been fixed  in 1.8b  and in fact  should be fixed  also in
FIX18AX2.

>If there's a restriction on "get" that  it must refer to the actual list
>name--fine (is this true?).

It used  to be, but this  restriction has been removed  later (after 1.8a
went out).

  Eric